PMMA microspheres are PMMA particles with spherical morphology. Poly(methyl methacrylate) /(PMMA, also known as acrylic or acrylic glass. It is a transparent thermoplastic often used in sheet form as a lightweight or shatter-resistant alternative to glass.
1) Medical Grade PMMA microspheres
Different from other common of PMMA, our medical grade PMMA microbeads have more advantage:
- Perfect spherical morphology
- Precisely controlled particle size
- Narrow particle size distribution
It can be used as injectable dermal filler material for Artefill, Metacrill used in plastic surgery.
2) Industrial Grade PMMA microspheres
Our industrial PMMA microspheres are widly used in:
- LED / LCD industry, such as:
- light diffusion material in light covers, light tubes
- LCD light diffusion plate or diffusion film
- Cosmetic Industry
- Coating Industry
Because of its good flow ability, easy to disperse in organic solvents and heat and weathering resistance.
- Uniform particle size
- Easy to disperse with no agglomerations
- High purity with no pollutions
- Good compatibility
- Chemical stability
- High light transmittance and controllable refractive index
- Industrial grade PMMA as light diffusion agent used in astigmatic shade, LCD light diffusing plate, film, LED light diffusing lampshade.
- PMMA as matting agent for plastic film, sheet metal and paint.
- PMMA as anti-inhibitors for sheet metal.
- As anti-adhesive agent for plastic film [opening agent].
- PMMA microspheres as cosmetic additives to improve light-scattering properties, smearing sense, and smoothness.
- Medical grade PMMA microspheres with 38-42um narrow particle size distribution used in cosmetic surgery are injected under the skin to fill in wrinkles, fine lines, fill out thin or wrinkled lips, or scars permanently or treat fat loss secondary to HIV e.x. Artefill&Artecoll, Bellafill, Metacrill,
- Used as paint, rubber additives in order to improve abrasion resistance, water resistance.
- Used as modified plastics additives.
- Used as ceramic pore forming agent to lower density, specific heat and thermal conductivity
|PMMA Microspheres||Particle Size(um)||Matrix||C.V|
EPRUI accepts customization for special particle size.