PMMA microspheres are PMMA particles with spherical morphology. Poly(methyl methacrylate) / PMMA, also known as acrylic or acrylic glass. It is a transparent thermoplastic often used in sheet form as a lightweight or shatter-resistant alternative to glass.
Different from common PMMA, our PMMA microbeads have spherical morphology and narrow particle size distribution which makes our PMMA beads with special use as dermal fillers, light diffusion agent, ceramic pore forming agent…
EPRUI Biotech provides two types of PMMA microspheres: Medical Grade PMMA microspheres and Industrial Grade PMMA microspheres.
EPRUI Biotech Trusted By
PMMA Microbeads Specifications
Buying Guide of PMMA Microspheres
Polystyrene latex microspheres are micron sized polystyrene particles with spherical morphology. EPRUI Biotech specializes in supply Crosslinked PS Microspheres, Non Crosslinked PS Microspheres, Nonfunctionalized Polystyrene Microspheres, Carboxyl PS Microspheres, Amino PS Microspheres, Sulfonated PS Microbeads etc.
1. Medical Grade V.S. Industrial Grade
Different from industrial PMMA microbeads, our medical grade PMMA microbeads have more advantages:
- 100% sterilized：We cleaned medical grade PMMA microspheres with ethanol several times before drying while we skip this step for industrial grade PMMA microbeads
- For medical grade PMMA microbeads, we will 100% remove small particles while there is around 5% small particles for industrial grade
2. EPRUI PMMA Microspheres Features
- Precisely controlled particle size
- Narrow particle size distribution
- Easy to disperse with no agglomerations
- High purity with no pollutions
- Good compatibility
- Chemical stability
- High light transmittance and controllable refractive index
3. PMMA Microbeads Applications
- Medical grade PMMA microspheres with 38-42um narrow particle size distribution used in cosmetic surgery are injected under the skin to fill in wrinkles, fine lines, fill out thin or wrinkled lips, or scars permanently or treat fat loss secondary to HIV e.x. Bellafill, Metacrill.
Bellafill which used to be named as Artefill is the only dermal filler FDA approved to be a safe and effective. It makes natural looking results that last. The secret is PMMA microspheres.
Besides, PMMA dermal fillers starts working immediately and wins 83% satisfaction after 5 years according to Bellafill statistics.
- Industrial grade PMMA as light diffusion agent used in astigmatic shade, LCD light diffusing plate, film, LED light diffusing lampshade.
- PMMA as matting agent for plastic film, sheet metal and paint.
- PMMA as anti-inhibitors for sheet metal.
- As anti-adhesive agent for plastic film [opening agent].
- PMMA microspheres as cosmetic additives to improve light-scattering properties, smearing sense, and smoothness.
- Used as paint, rubber additives in order to improve abrasion resistance, water resistance.
- Used as modified plastics additives.
- Used as ceramic pore forming agent to lower density, specific heat and thermal conductivity
- Used as filler or metal binding agent for powder metallurgy parts
4. Packaging and Storage
Room temperature and avoid moisture.
5. PMMA Industry Market Development Forecast
In China, the main terminal consumption areas of PMMA are sanitary ware, sound barrier, building materials (such as handrails, security doors, decorative tops, etc.), advertising light boxes, signs, instruments, daily necessities, furniture, etc.
With the continuous development of China’s construction industry, decoration and decoration industry, transportation industry, China’s market demand for PMMA-related products will continue to grow.
China is still far behind foreign countries in making special PMMA products such as radiation-proof PMMA, optical fiber and solar photovoltaic cells and high-purity optical grade PMMA, which are widely used abroad.
With the development of the liquid crystal display manufacturing industry, the demand for light guide plate materials will increase, and the consumption market of optical grade PMMA is huge.
6. Who are our customers?
Presently our customers are mainly from universities, research centers, labs as well as pharmaceutical companies, chromatographic column producers, diagnostic analysis and biotherapy related biotech companies.
Our university and research entity customers including:
- Harvard University
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- University of California – Berkeley
- Stanford University
- Vanderbilt University
- University of Minnesota
- The Rockefeller University
- Washington University
- OHIO University
- The University of Sheffield
- Imperial College London
- Newcastle University
- Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt (PTB)
- University of Tübingen
- Fraunhofer IZFP
- ESPCI Paris
- Université de Tours
- IMT Atlantique
- ETH Zurich
- Fachhochschule Nordwestschweiz
- Korea University
- Seoul National University
- Nanyang Technological University
- National University of Singapore
- Singapore Institute of Manufacturing Technology
- Tsinghua University
- Fudan University
- Tongji University
Our company customers including:
- Illumina, Inc.
- Agilent Technologies
- BARD BRACHYTHERAPY INC
- LGC Biosearch Technologies Inc
- ChemGenes Corporation
7. How to order
Please send e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us by 86-21-64192663 for products inquires.
For detailed steps, please visit: How to Buy