Silica Magnetic Beads
for DNA/RNA Extraction
Silica coated magnetic beads are commonly used for extraction and purification of DNA/RNA. In the fight against COVID-19, viral RNA extraction kits have become indispensable detection tools for confirming COVID-19 cases.
EPRUI can provide high quality silica magnetic beads for DNA/RNA extraction.
Narrow particle size distribution
Superparamagnetic and high magnetic response
Excellent nucleic acid binding capacity
Magnetic Silica Beads Specification
|Item||Functional Groups||Appearance||Code||APS||Recommended Buffer||W/V||Package|
|Magnetic Silica Beads||-SiOH||Black or Brown Dispersion||110020||200nm||PBS, Tris-HCl and H2O||1%|
* Storage: 2-8℃，Do not freeze
Buying Guide of Silica Coated Magnetic Beads
Magnetic silica beads, carboxyl magnetic silica beads and amino functionalized magnetic silica beads are the most important component in the RNA extraction kits.
The quality of a RNA extraction kit is decided by the magnetic beads used. The purity and yield of DNA or RNA fragments extracted by magnetic silica beads decides the accuracy and sensitivity of the test kits.
1. What can silica magnetic beads do in the fight against COVID-19?
Magnetic silica beads are specially designed for extraction and purification of nucleic acid. There are rich silanol groups on the surface which can specific binding DNA or RNA fragments from blood, cell culture medium, animal and plant tissues and forensic samples through hydrophobic interaction, hydrogen bonding and electrostatic interaction under high salt and low pH condition.
2. What are applications of silica coated magnetic beads?
- DNA extraction from blood, tissue, forensic samples, plants, animals and microbiology
- RNA or DNA isolation from virus
- Plasmid DNA purification
- Purification of PCR products
- Silane coupling reagent can be further modified for immobilization of protein and nucleic acid
3. What are the quality standards for a COVID-19 detection kit?
Accuracy and sensitivity which are decided by the purity and yield of DNA or RNA fragments extracted by magnetic beads used.
4. Why choose magnetic beads from EPRUI?
- Narrow particle size distribution
- High reproducibility
- Good biocompatibility
- Superparamagnetic and high magnetic response (Saturation magnetization is greater than 40emu/g), saving operation time. Magnetic response time <30s 5.
- Excellent nucleic acid binding capacity (greater to 20ug DNA/mg Beads) to ensure the extraction effect 6.
- Easy to disperse and suitable for automated instrument of nucleic acid workstation 7.
- Good storage stability: complete silica coating, stable performance, resistance to 6M hydrochloric acid etching > 5 minutes
5. What is the structure of silica magnetic beads from EPRUI?
EPRUI-MagSi is monodisperse silica magnetic bead with narrow particle size distribution and excellent dispersion property compared with traditional multinuclear magnetic beads. Our silica coated magnetic beads are nuclear magnetic bead with silica layer thickness of about 1/20 of the size of the magnetic bead. The magnetic content is more than 95% which greatly improves the magnetic responsiveness of the magnetic beads, and the complete magnetic separation time is less than 5 seconds. Based on the excellent characteristics of EPRUI-MagSi, which is very easy to perform rapid separation and rapid re-suspension dispersion after withdrawing magnetic field.
6. What are EPRUI’s magnetic silica beads good for-Automated or Manuel DNA/RNA isolation?
Our magnetic beads are especially suitable for automated nucleic acid extractor, which greatly shorten the operation time of nucleic acid extraction process. Due to the narrow particle size distribution of EPRUI’s silica magnetic beads, the batch differences during nucleic acid extraction can be significantly reduced, which provides guarantee to the reproductivity of in vitro molecular diagnosis and subsequent gene manipulation in molecular biology based on nucleic acid extraction. Without binding with other impurities (such as proteins), EPRUI-MagSi can quickly separate nucleic acids from biological samples. The operation is safe and simple, and is easy for automatic and high throughput extraction of nucleic acid.
Without binding with other impurities (such as proteins), EPRUI-MagSi can quickly separate nucleic acids from biological samples. The operation is safe and simple, and is easy for automatic and high throughput extraction of nucleic acid.
7. What are recommended protocol for cell free DNA extraction in plasma?
- Routine procedure of cell free DNA extraction: The elution temperature was set at 70 ℃, The plasma was separated immediately after collection, and stored in – 86 ℃ refrigerator, and 600 UL plasma was sampled with mark.
- Add 8 uL AC, 50 UL protein K, 1100 UL lysis buffer and 15 uL magnetic beads into a 2.0 ml centrifuge tube with 600 UL plasma sample, and mix for 30 min at room temperature.
- After the pyrolysis, evenly magnetic adsorption for 3 min before discarding the waste liquid, adding 500uL wash buffer1 and mixing for 1 min.
- After evenly magnetic adsorption for 1 min, discard the waste liquid, add 550ul wash buffer 2, and mix for 1 min.
- After evenly magnetic adsorption for 1 min, then the waste liquid was discarded and dried for 10 min.
- Add 50ul elusion buffer, mix well, and then take out the metal bath at 70 ℃ for 10 min (shake twice during the period).
- After elution, the eluent was placed on the magnetic frame, the magnetic beads were magnetized for 1 min, and the eluent was removed into a new 1.5ml centrifuge tube, and the eluent was clear.
8. How to recognize and diagnose Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
The way used most to diagnose COVID-19 nowadays is to take nucleic acid detection. Procedures as below:
1) Sample Collection
- Collect patients samples
- Swabs and collection
2) Viral RNA Extraction
Separate only RNA from samples. Purity and yield of RNA is important for diagnosis.
3) Real time PCR Detection
To amplify extracted RNA to diagnose diseases. Sensitivity and specificity of the test reagent is important for final diagnosis.