Buying Guide of Polystyrene Microspheres
Polystyrene latex microspheres are micron sized polystyrene particles with spherical morphology. EPRUI Biotech specializes in supply Crosslinked PS Microspheres, Non Crosslinked PS Microspheres, Nonfunctionalized Polystyrene Microspheres, Carboxyl PS Microspheres, Amino PS Microspheres, Sulfonated PS Microbeads etc.
1. What are the differences between PS and PS/DVB microbeads?
PS microspheres, we also call it noncrosslinked polystyrene latex microspheres or linear polystyrene microspheres. It is pure polystyrene without divinylbenzene, which we also call it crosslinking agent.
PS/DVB microbeads or polystyrene divinylbenzene microbeads are crosslinked polystyrene. Crosslinking agent makes the beads more stable especially when the beads are with large particle size. Say 10um or above. The non crosslinked polystyrene microbeads are soluble in solvents such as acetone, chloroform THF, tolune etc.
Different with non crosslinked polystyrene spheres, crosslinked polystyrene particles or PS/DVB exhibit much higher physical and chemical stability and are not soluble in organic solvents. PS/DVB microbeads have excellent mechanical strength and disperse well in organic solvents.
2. What is functionalized PS or PS/DVB microspheres?
Functionalized PS or PS/DVB microspheres are PS or PS/DVB microspheres superficially treated with various functional groups such as carboxyl, amino, hydroxyl, epoxy or sulfonated groups.
Usually functionalized PS or PS/DVB microspheres are good choice for covalent coupling of ligands such as antibodies, antigens, proteins, peptides, and nucleic acids.
3. How do we determine loading capacity of functional groups?
We use conductometric titration to measure loading capacity of functional groups. Please visit: Determination of Carboxyl Groups Content for detailed instruction.
4. EPRUI PS or PS/DVB Microspheres Features
- Highly uniform particle size
- Perfect spherical morphology
- Good chemical and PH stability
- High mechanical strength
- Scale production, consistent quality and batch to batch reproductivity.
5. PS or PS/DVB Microbeads Applications
Different from common type of polystyrene resin, our polystyrene latex microspheres are widely used in the high end field such as self arrangement of microspheres, filter membrane screening, fluid dynamics research, photonic crystal film formation, instrument calibration, particle size standard.
PS/DVB microspheres used as packing resins in chromatographic columns as well as in medical diagnosis and biochemical industries.
For details, please visit: Microspheres Applications
6. PS/DVB Microspheres Related Products
7. Who are our customers?
Presently our customers are mainly from universities, research centers, labs as well as pharmaceutical companies, chromatographic column producers, diagnostic analysis and biotherapy related biotech companies.
Our university and research entity customers including:
- Harvard University
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- University of California – Berkeley
- Stanford University
- Vanderbilt University
- University of Minnesota
- The Rockefeller University
- Washington University
- OHIO University
- The University of Sheffield
- Imperial College London
- Newcastle University
- Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt (PTB)
- University of Tübingen
- Fraunhofer IZFP
- ESPCI Paris
- Université de Tours
- IMT Atlantique
- ETH Zurich
- Fachhochschule Nordwestschweiz
- Korea University
- Seoul National University
- Nanyang Technological University
- National University of Singapore
- Singapore Institute of Manufacturing Technology
- Tsinghua University
- Fudan University
- Tongji University
Our company customers including:
- Illumina, Inc.
- Agilent Technologies
- BARD BRACHYTHERAPY INC
- LGC Biosearch Technologies Inc
- ChemGenes Corporation
8. How to order
Please send e-mail to: [email protected] or call us by 86-21-64192663 for products inquires.
For detailed steps, please visit: How to Buy